Tiffany Layton Oliser
CEO / Surf & Paddle Instructor
Tiffany is a PRO/AM competitive surfer and a certified Surf / SUP instructor. She was born and raised here in North Florida and is familiar with the best local surfing and paddling locations. She loves her family, friends and all board sports. In 2006, she won the East Coast Surfing Championship for women's shortboard and placed second in women's longboard. In 2009 she also started competing in SUP surfing competitions and SUP races adding countless trophies to her collection. She loves finding new ways to workout as long as it's not in a gym! Try Surfing or Stand Up Paddle Boarding (aka "SUP") with her to learn fitness, safety, confidence or to just have fun! Tiffany left behind a successful corporate career in 2009 to follow her heart and start Jacksonville Surf and Paddle because "My two loves are surfing and teaching"
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Certified
- American Canoe Association (ACA) Level 2 SUP
- World Paddle Association (WPA) Certified Paddle Fit & SUP Instructor
- International Surfing Association (ISA) Level 1 Surf & SUP Instructor
- Eastern Surfing Association
- National Association for Professional Women Member
- 2004 UNF Bachelor of Business Administration
- 2012 Wounded Warrior National Championship Beach Marshall
- 2011 Special Olympics Surf Event Instructor, Jax, FL
- 2008 Life Rolls On Surf Event Instructor, Jax, FL
- 2005-2012 ESA Alternate Surf Contest Judge
- Surfing since 1990 / SUP since for 2009
- Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Hawaii, Dominican Republic, California, Mexico, Bahamas, and Puerto Rico, California, East Coast
Surf Instructor/ Surf Class Lead
Born and raised in Ponce, PR where the sun shines hot and the waves are flat - closest, legitimate surf spot was hours away. Grew up on the beach, but my obsession with surfing began when I moved to Jacksonville Beach right after high school. Ever since, I’ve been playing catch up to get my surfing to the highest level I can as I am very competitive and so are my friends. I love everything about surfing: sleepless nights before swells, cold dawn patrol wave checks, suiting up in a smelly, damp wet suit in freezing weather, board short rash, ice cream headaches, sunburns, reef rashes, big waves, little waves, fast waves, the sun, and especially, being in the ocean. The ocean has provided me a healthy lifestyle, a career, and an escape to happiness. I do this because I absolutely love it with a passion, and I know that the ocean can change lives. It is a great teacher for life in general, and it may even help you discover your purpose in this life, just like it did with me. Yew!
- Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certified* update in progress for U.S.
- 2011 Sacred Heart High Diploma in Ponce, Puerto Rico
- 2017 University of North Florida Bachelor's Degree in Communication
- Surfing since 2011
- Puerto Rico, Florida, The Carolinas, Costa Rica
Surf Instructor / Surf Class Lead
I moved to Jacksonville for college and quickly dove into the saltwater and fitness lifestyle. When I wasn’t skating, I was learning how to surf the East Coast’s finicky waves. After graduating from the University of North Florida and working for a time as a newspaper reporter, I swapped writing for teaching and worked in Vietnam and Honduras for two years. No matter how far my travels take me, I always return to my family at Jax Surf & Paddle. I spend most of my time being active in the water or sand. I love functional strength fitness, circuit training, and running. I’m stoked for a good longboard session on clean, glassy waves. My goal is to encourage people, through surfing, to protect the ocean and practice a healthy lifestyle. After all, the only thing better than catching a wave alone is catching a wave with friends.
- Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certified
- 2015 UNF Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Multimedia Journalism
- Surfing since 2010/ SUP since 2014
- East Coast USA, Puerto Rico and Barbados
I moved to Atlantic Beach in March this year to pursue a Master's degree in Business Administration at the University of North Florida. I always knew I wanted to work outside the Summer before a long school year and I fit in perfectly with the Jax Surf & Paddle team! I have a wealth of knowledge of the saltwater river systems surrounding North Florida and South Georgia from growing up on St. Simons Island, spending most days on the water. Paddle boarding has always been a big part of my life and now I love sharing my passion and knowledge on to our awesome guests here in beautiful Jacksonville Florida!
- Paddleboarding since 2012
Surf & Paddle Instructor
I grew up vacationing in Atlantic Beach and loved being on this side of the ditch more than anything else. I started surfing at the age of 4 when my older brother gave me a series of sink-or-swim lessons…. which I later thanked him for. After graduating from the University of Florida, to satisfy my salty addiction, I set off to my favorite vacation spot and made it my home. I’ve been living here for the past 4 years and surf anything over knee high. LOVE sharing my passion with those looking to try surfing! Can’t wait to see you out in the lineup.
- International Business Masters – UF
- Finance and Geology Degrees - UF
- Volunteer Surf Instructor for HEAL Foundation
- Surfing since 1993/SUP since 2013
- East Coast, West Coast, Hawaii, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Barbados, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal
Long time surfer who has had so many adventures. I have a passion for teaching and I strive for that 'light bulb' moment in teaching skills that I'm passionate about. Being optimistic has taught me that life is beautiful, even in the storm. There is always something to appreciate. Be stoked, give stoke, live stoke!
- Certified Surf Instructor via EPIC SURF CAMP since 2006
- CrossFit Level I Certified
- Snowboard Level II Instructor
- Over 15 Years of Teaching
- Surfing since 2015
- Multiple Trips to Costa Rica